Slovenian aces for Pjongčang
05. 12. 2017
There is only two months left until the opening of the Winter Olympics in Pyongyang (February 9-25). Slovenian athletes have already stepped into the new season and some of them are already achieving results beyond expectations. Most of them are promising a lot for the Winter Olympics. So who are the Slovenian aces for Pyeongchang?
- Jakov Fak, former Croatian and current Slovenian biathlete, with very impressive past results with both teams.
- Filip Flisar, a Slovenian freestyle skier competing in ski cross discipline.
- Štefan Hadalin, Žan Kranjec, Ana Bucik and Ana Drev, Slovenian and World Cup alpine ski racers.
- Jernej Damjan , ski jumper and the first and only Slovenian winner in the Olympic season.
- Petar Prevc , one of the most successful contemporary ski jumpers from Slovenia
- Boštjan Kline, a Slovenian World Cup alpine ski racer, specializing in the speed events of downhill and super-G.
- Urša Bogataj, currently the best Slovenian jumper in the World Cup.
- Žan Košir , Slovenian snowboarder who won a bronze medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Ema Klinec, Slovenian ski jumper, the hidden trump of the national team.
News source: siol.net
Photo credit: Getty Images